Wednesday 22 April 2015

My stupid clumsy self

on Monday lunchtime while I was innocently sight-reading a particularly challenging piece written by my friend my stand fell on Otto and I dropped him. it is probably the worst thing I have ever done ever and the flashback has been haunting me for at least two maths lessons. He now has a massive crack all the way down the main body and the back is completely disjointed. the chatty guy (its either the dopey one or the chatty one in the shop) said that it would cost £650 and two weeks. I practically pooed myself. so as of today I am violaless. I have stolen my dads viola for the past two days but its so big that when I hold it up you cant see my face and my arm doesn't quite reach the scroll. what's more because im so weak I have to have a break every 5 minutes or so to give my arm a rest and this is not a particularly efficient way of practicing. naturally when I told my fellow orchesties I got a lot of "why would you spend that much when I could burn it for free" and "did someone jump on a viola when I was not looking and if so why wasn't I invited" and "im surprised you noticed the difference".  uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm whatever shut up.

so now as dusty Springfield put it "i just don't know what to do with myself do do do dooooo".

I may even dig out my sisters violin from the basement if I get desperate but I hope it wont come to that.

its funny how you don't know how much you can miss scales when you cant actually play them.

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment