Friday 17 April 2015

My viola


I bought my viola from what is in my opinion the best string shop in Bristol (where I live). Its called the Bristol violin shop but also sells violas, cellos and ukuleles etc. they have a room in the basement which is slightly demoralising but still very good and they leave you in there, free to play anything on any viola they have. I choose a 1920s German Antonius stradiuarius cremonenfis faciebat Anno. I am still in the process of researching this but there is currently not much on the web about these makes. if anybody does know more ad could message me that would be great.

I named it Otto because quite frankly it looks like an Otto and I luurve it. Otto is an unusual size of 15 1/4 " so basically its tiny like me. If I do decide to enter the music business professionally when I'm older I may consider a 16" because of the deeper ricer sound but for now Otto is perfect for learning on.

 
 
 apologies for the bad pictures. photography is not one of my strong points

No comments:

Post a Comment